Sunday, June 21, 2015

Week 1 & 2: MTC Highlights

Dear Family--

Thank you so much for the care package. It seriously made my day, and the sisters in my district and I have been snacking on all of it!  The drinks reminded me of your smoothies, Mom, but your smoothies are by far better!  All of the letters that were in the package really boosted me up!  Scott's letter made me laugh the hardest.  I love hearing about everything at home.  

Life at the MTC has been great!  I love my companion.  Sister Nau (sounds like now) is from San Francisco and she is hilarious.  When we get really stressed or worked up about our investigators we are able to crack jokes and laugh- it seriously makes everything so much better!  We have two investigators that we have to teach three times each (we don't know if they are members or not, they are paid actors).  We taught the plan of salvation, and lets just say it was a little rough. The first thing Sister Nau said when we came out was "she literally just tore my plan of salvation into shreds and blew it in the wind, now I just got to tape all of the pieces back together".  Our lessons get better and better each time!  We spend most of the day in a classroom and study, study, study!  It can be pretty long.

When I look back on this past week I feel like I have only been here for a couple of days, and then I feel like I have been here for years.  Time is a weird thing here.  Our whole district is going to Atlanta and we fly out on Tuesday morning!  We have to meet at 3:30 am to go to the airport!  I am pretty sure my flight leaves at 8:30, and I get to call you guys at the airport. Wahooo! We are flying to Atlanta with 25 other missionaries, and we are all going to the same mission. It has been so fun to see so many people from LP and BYUI! Yesterday we welcomed all of the new missionaries and it was fun taking our new districts on a tour and telling them all about MTC life.  Dad- thanks for your quotes and letter! Happy Fathers Day on Sunday!  I put those quotes in my journal. The food here is great, and I have really enjoyed the MTC but I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to fly out!  I am so glad I know the elders and sisters going into my mission, it makes me so much calmer.  It has definitely been a rollercoaster of confidence and emotions here, but I am grateful that it has been really good for the most part! My companion is Tongan, the sister from Colorado is Chilean, and the other sister from Provo is half Puerto Rica.  It has been a lot of fun being with them!  Tell Scott and Ty that I say Hi and I hope they are doing well!  I love you guys so much and I pray for you all everyday!  I have prayed more here than I have ever prayed in my life!  It has helped me so much and I love feeling so close to Heaven!  I know that God is watching out for all of the missionaries here. I know that He is preparing people in Georgia to hear our message, and I can't wait to get out there! 

We have 50 minutes of gym time every day and it is nice to be able to take my mind off of studying!  My companion and I sang in the MTC choir together and it was such an awesome experience!  I love being a missionary, haha sounds so cheesy but it is true!  So many ups and downs, but at the end of the day we are all so happy!  Sorry this letter is ALL over the place, I just don't want to leave anything out!  A lot of kids are here for 9 to 12 weeks, and my heart goes out to them... haha they probably will love it, but 12 days is perfect for me!  My testimony is getting stronger and stronger everyday and I feel so grateful I have this opportunity. I love you guys so much and I miss you!!  Good thing I don't have time to be homesick!  And, yes, I taught Rachel’s friend from her mission, and she was so cute and nice.

I love you! 

Love Sister Hunter 

Oh, and an experience that gave me so much hope happened the second day we were here.  We had a workshop and the teacher said    "All you need to teach as missionaries you learned in Sunbeams!"  Simplicity works wonders, and for anyone nervous about not knowing enough to go on a mission, don’t be!  








No comments:

Post a Comment