Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Week 11: When it Rains, it Pours!

It has been raining on and off all week. When it rains, it POURS here!  We have been teaching the cutest family - a mom with three daughters, and they are so open and ready for the gospel!  The daughters are so sweet- we’ve challenged them to read the Book of Mormon everyday, and we will give them a prize at the end of the week if they do, and they have loved it!  They take notes in the margins of the pages. I was reading the oldest daughters and she wrote in one of the margins, "When I read this I feel happy and confident.”  After I read that I thought to myself, “That is really what the gospel is all about - JOY!” Heavenly Father wants us all to be happy and He has given us every tool to feel joy!  It was hilarious- we were halfway through one of our lessons when the nine year old looked up at me and out of the blue said, "I want to be sacrificed!" Haha, I was so stunned and confused, and then her older sister said "Don't you mean baptized?" and she said, "Oh yeah! Baptized!"  We all shared a good laugh over that!  They are such amazing girls and it has been so wonderful to see their small testimonies grow. 

Missionary work is full of ups and downs, so many happy times and a lot of disappointment, but one thing I know is that God is watching out for all of His missionaries everywhere because this is such an important work!  Love you guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment