Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Week 13: Emergency Transfer

*Mary Alice found out she is being transferred due to a sister missionary having to return home for health related issues.  President and Sister Foote will be driving her about an hour and a half northeast of her current location in Peach Tree City to her new location in Snellville.*

Wow, this week has been crazy!  I feel so lucky to have had time to say goodbye to the amazing people I have met here before I head north tomorrow.  I have so many mixed emotions about everything, but I do know that God is in charge, and all I can do is have a positive attitude!  Attitude is everything, right? (A good lesson I learned in all of those years of Extreme Rhythm clogging!)

This week we had a really cool opportunity to teach a lesson to one of our investigators at President and Sister Foote's home!  It was kind of intimidating at first, but they are so amazing and really connected with Mary.  We talked about fasting and prayer and the Spirit was so strong!  It is such a blessing to be able to combine prayer and fasting and see so many miracles come from it.  We started a fast as a mission over a mission wide conference call on Saturday night, and it was so cool to think of all 200 missionaries sitting in our apartments all over the mission bowing our heads in prayer.  I know that as we sincerely pray and fast for those around us that miracles can happen.  At fast and testimony meeting a lot of people talked about how much of a difference the small and simple things make in our daily lives.  I have been studying a lot about faith lately, and I have come to realize that it is the building on the foundation of those small and simple things that will create an unshakable faith.

We taught a lesson to a referral that we received. When we knocked on her door she welcomed us right in just like we were old friends.  It was so neat to hear her story.  She has five kids under the age of eight and they were running all over the place the whole time!  Haha it was crazy!  But it was cool at the end when all of us (and the crazy kids :)) knelt in a circle and said a prayer.  The Spirit was so strong and I pray that they continue to progress! I am bummed that I won't be here to teach them, but I have a lot of confidence in Sister Perry and Sister Taylor!

Sorry this letter isn't very long. I am nervous about this change, but I know that the Lord and so many others on the other side of the veil are watching out for me!  Everyone in the family- if you read this know that I love you and pray for each of you every single day!  Thanks for everything!  
I wish I had more time to tell you all of the little details that happen during the week!  I am almost done with my journal, so I can send it home when I finish and then you can read about every single day.  Love you!


Love, Sister Hunter 


The Haycocks! Such an amazing family!! Love them! 

 This is Jack- He is the one who got baptized the week before I got here.  He is such an amazing person and I feel so lucky that I was able to teach him about the temple and that he did baptisms before I left!  He doesn't like saying prayers out loud, but because I am leaving I convinced him to say one for us and he said "please watch over and protect Sister Hunter in her new area, bless her to meet awesome people like me."  haha he is so great! 


Bernice- We visited with her every week, and when I was saying good bye she said "I am so glad that you came and said goodbye to me because they (missionaries) never say goodbye before leaving!"  It made my day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment