Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 15: Goodbye Snellville

I'm sad that I already have to leave this place!  It has been such a fun two weeks with Sister Russell and we worked so well together!  I know that the Lord has great things in store for both of us, though. Luckily we get to stay in the same district and see each other weekly at District Meetings.  This next transfer is going to be crazy- I am going to need some serious prayers!  I am transferring to an area that hasn't had sisters.  I am also going to be training a brand new missionary- so the two of us will get the chance to whitewash the area!  When President Foote called to give us the news I was also shocked to hear that it is going to be a biking area.  I’m pretty sure we are the first set of sisters on bikes in this mission!  This is going to be a serious adventure - I will keep you updated on the bike situation if I don't melt from the humidity.   Let me give you a day by day of last week. 

Monday- P-day was great. We had dinner with an awesome member, and we made so many calls to book our week with appointments!

Tuesday- District meeting was a great meeting- I feel like I learn so much from the elders in my district.  They are such great missionaries.  We wrote letters to ourselves to open at the end of our missions, and it was so cool because it puts into perspective how much I have already grown and changed on my mission and also where I would like to be at the end of my mission. 

Wednesday-  Ah! Okay, I am running out of computer time- basically Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday every single appointment we worked so hard to set up fell through. Literally, every single one! It was sort of discouraging, but we visited a lot of members in the ward and were able to get to know them better.  Then on Sunday all of the miracles started flooding in!  Eight less active members came to sacrament meeting.  We also had two investigators at church, which was such a blessing!  One of the less active members who has recently started coming back was able to get her patriarchal blessing.  We taught a lesson to a lady who is best friends with a member in the ward.  We read out of the Book of Mormon starting where she had left off.  We read 1 Nephi Chapter 4, and most people have concerns with this chapter, but she loved it and the Spirit was so strong as we were reading!  Then we read 2 Nephi 31: 8-12 and invited her to be baptized and she accepted without hesitation.  It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had on my mission so far.  She has such strong faith, and her desire to be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost is really amazing.  She is so prepared, I am bummed I won't be able to keep teaching her, but I will be able to come to her baptism! We had set a date in the middle of next month and when we were writing her baptism on the calendar she said, "Let’s just move the date up sooner!  I am ready!"  She is seriously so amazing.  Then we went knocking down her street and we made return appointments with four people. Sunday was seriously the light at the end of the tunnel for our week! 

 We went over to the bishop’s house to tell him all of the good news (this area struggles with baptisms), and as we were leaving we overheard him as he was closing the door, "Another baptism! Wow!"  It was so sweet to hear how excited he was.  Sister Russell is such an amazing missionary and hard worker, and I know great things will happen in this area.  I am sad to be leaving, but I am anxious and excited for this next adventure! 

Haha, this is the only picture that I took on my camera all week...  this pretty much describes our relationship.  Love her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment