Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 21: Happy Fall Ya'll!

The weather has been amazing this week!  This morning it was pouring buckets of rain, but the other parts of the week were awesome!  P-day last week was fun, we went to email in Senoia and walked around all of the little shops.  It sort of reminded me of Gardner Village!  Then we ate lunch at Dickey's.  Haha, everyone here loves that place.  I remember when we went to eat there after it came to AF and we all thought it was so weird. 

We made cookies for an FHE we were having later that night, and we burnt two out of the three batches, which was pretty unfortunate!  We had an FHE at our relief society president’s house with one of the families we are teaching, and we had a fun lesson on testimonies. We went around (thanks to CJ and Audrey's good idea from Sunday School) and said our 'highs' and 'lows' of the day.  We also played Concentration, which was a lot of fun!  It was hilarious to see our relief society president’s husband try and get the hang of it while playing with six girls!   We had to ride the bikes that day in the pouring rain, and I had one of those cheap rain ponchos on.  Sister Barrett looked over at me, started laughing so hard, and said I looked just like the "plastic hulk" with the wind blowing the poncho behind me - good times!
  
We had the ward Trunk or Treat on Tuesday, which was so fun!  We helped decorate the church and a lot of people ended up coming. Sister Barrett and I dressed up as "Senior Sister Missionaries,” but everyone thought we were librarians... haha!  Mom, when I look at the picture of me with the glasses I feel like I am your twin, I look just like you with your reading glasses!  I loved seeing all of the pictures of Kelsi and Holly’s kids dressed up on Halloween!  We had to be in our apartment by 7:00 pm on Halloween night.  We had a few ward families come by our apartment for Trick or Treating.  That day it was exciting to see the Blue Angels doing an air show close to our apartment. We were on our bikes all day, so we could hear and see them flying above us all afternoon. 

We did a lot of finding this week, and I love that we get to talk to so many different kinds of people.  We were talking to this one lady who used to live right across from an LDS church building, and she was telling us how elders used to stop by all the time.  She was hilarious- she works four jobs and is moving to ATL so we will probably never see her again, but she said she might start reading the B.O.M again!  I love it when people ask us the craziest questions like, "Do you believe in arranged marriage in your church?"  Haha, we got a kick out of that one, or "Do you believe that everyone in your church has the mark of the devil?" whaaaat? 

We had a really neat lesson with a recent convert from the ward and his neighbor.  She is an older lady who has been a Baptist her whole life.  When we explained the Book of Mormon to her she thought that is was really interesting, and when we told her she could pray about it to see if it was true she thought that was the coolest thing!  She is really open (which isn't the case for most Baptists down here), and when we told her that we have a living prophet on the earth today she was like, "That is so amazing that there is a prophet to guide the people today!”  We are excited to go back this week to see her!  We were knocking at an apartment complex later that day and right before we went in for the night we knocked on a door and two young girls answered.  They called their mom over we all prayed together.  The mom instantly burst into tears, and we could tell that the Spirit really touched her.  She said that she and her daughters really needed that prayer.  I feel so lucky that Heavenly Father lets me be part of moments like that!  

Thank you for all of the support and prayers from home!  I can feel the strength that they give me!  I see so many small, tender mercies every day, and I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for me.  Being on a mission is not easy, but it is worth it.  It’s funny how most good things in life are like that. Well, I hope you all have a great week! 


Love, Sister Hunter 

 This one's for you, Mom!

 Enjoying the town of Senoia

 We thought we were so clever dressing up as "Senior Sister Missionaries," instead we just looked like librarians!

 Helmet selfie

Thanks, Kelsi, for the Harry Potter World treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment