Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 25: Tis the Season for Service!

We did a lot of service this week which was really fun!  We helped a member clean out her whole basement, and it was a big task!  She has two dogs that she absolutely loves and prepares gourmet meals for! She reminds me of Nana in that way! She fed us dinner and seemed to really appreciate our efforts.  We spent an afternoon at the Hind’s making pies for Thanksgiving. We made a pecan pie, pumpkin pie, banana cream pie, and apple pie.  It’s great getting to know different ward members – I’ve learned something from each one of them!

Thanksgiving was a big day.  We ate at the Hind's house and it was really nice!  We had cranberry sauce, and they thought I was crazy because I had never had it with turkey before.  I told them we always serve gravy with our turkey, and they said, “what, are you from Mars?”  I guess cranberry sauce is a big deal in the South!  They read out of a gratitude box that they had been adding to for the whole month of November.  I love Thanksgiving because it’s a great reminder of all that we have to be grateful for.  In Sunday school we talked about being grateful through times of trial, and I love that having a grateful heart no matter what is going on in our lives can make us happy!  Brother Hind was saying how grateful he was that his family moved all the way across the country with him for his job.  He said, "Here we are on Thanksgiving, all alone- well I guess we have the sisters here, but that is because they are all alone too"!  It gave us all a pretty good laugh, but it is a wonderful thing that no matter where you go you will have a ward family. 

We ate at an investigators house later that night, and it was so fun to be able to sit down and just really talk with them!  Their family moved here to Atlanta from NYC and it was so cool being able to hear all of their experiences.  It’s amazing to see how different life experiences help us grow spiritually whether we realize it or not.  Well, I missed being with all of you at Thanksgiving, but I’m treasuring each new experience I’m having.  I’m thankful for each one of you, and I love you!


Love, Sister Hunter

 Moriah is just about ready to leave on her mission!

 Loving learning how to bake pies!

 This is one incredible lady and incredible Mom.

Cleaning out a members basement!

No comments:

Post a Comment