Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 38: Mission Life

We were able to paint the outside of a member’s house this week!  Her family is moving to Chicago after the school year and so she is getting the house ready to sell!  We had a lesson with one of our new investigators who is reading the Book of Mormon!  We were really excited about that!  She knows a lot about the Bible (just like everyone else down here) and she is really open to learning about the Book of Mormon.  

We had a quick lesson with Charisse and her kids this week!  It is hard to have a quiet lesson with all of them, but we love them so much!  Last time we were there they had a full on dance battle- it was hilarious!   We read Ether 12:27 to them and talked about after we try our best we have to turn the rest over to our Savior, and He will help us every step of the way.  I have seen that time and time again, especially while serving out here.  When you have to put yourself out there all day every day you definitely get to know what your strengths and weaknesses are really quick, and I would be running around in circles if it weren't for the enabling power of the Atonement. 

We taught Isauna and her girls this week.  We haven't been able to teach them in a really long time so it was awesome to be able to teach them again.  They had a lot of great questions and the Spirit was strong in that lesson!  Another highlight was getting that package!  Coming up the stairs after a long, hard day and seeing a package sitting on the door step- I don't even think I can describe the joy!  Seriously, the best.  Thank you Dad and Mom for being the #1 best parents!  We sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" with the ward choir this week! 

Judy, who I have visited probably more than anyone else on my mission, passed away yesterday.  It was heartbreaking for both Sister Kelly and I.  We knew she was declining, but none of us thought it would be this quick. She was and is a truly spectacular person.  Every time we would go over she would tell us stories of all of her MANY life experiences, and trust me she had a TON, and she was as bold as could be.  She definitely inspired me to live a more adventurous life and to become more bold!  I am going to miss her so much, but I am so grateful she is out of her pain and suffering.

We had a really hard time finding new investigators last week, so that has been slightly discouraging, but we have hope for this coming week!  
The twitch has made the week hard- people will ask me, "why do you keep doing that with your arm?"  In my head I'm like,  “I HAVE NO CLUE!!!!” but I kindly say, “I have a little twitch that the doctors are trying to figure out.”  It makes me physically exhausted too because my arm is always moving!  Hopefully it will go away soon!! 

Thanks Mom and Dad for everything!
Love you both!  Have a great week!

Transfers are coming and someone is probably going to be leaving - I love these girls!

Here we are on the computers at the library

No comments:

Post a Comment