Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 39: There is Sunshine in my Soul Today

Oh the blessed sunshine!  Last week's weather was beautiful!  Yesterday Sister Kelly and I had the bikes and we loved every second of being in the sunshine!  I would take biking in the sunshine over biking in a rainstorm any day! We had stake conference this past weekend.  A talk was given that really stood out to me on the atonement.  The speaker said we don't fully understand the atonement if we are holding on to things of the past.  We just need to let go and trust in our Savior, and ultimately that is the happier and easier route to go!  One thing he said that I loved was "Jesus didn't teach a gospel of perfection, but a gospel of repentance."  We are so lucky to have the knowledge of this hope. There is so much hope in the gospel!

Another speaker said, “If you’re on the right path you are going uphill.”  That made so much sense to me because none of the amazing, wonderful things in life come easy.  I’m about to hit my halfway mark and looking back I will be forever grateful for the relationship I have with my Savior, my testimony of the atonement, for each and every tough day that has helped me be stronger, for every person who has changed my life for the better, and for all of my amazing companions!

I feel so lucky to have met some of the most amazing people that will be lifetime friends!  I have learned so much from hearing SO many stories and life experiences.  I am trying my best to write down and remember all of the details and things I've learned so I can keep them with me forever.  Transfers are this week, but I am staying in Whitewater. I feel so blessed to have been in this area for as long as I have!  Heavenly Father truly does love me!  I love this gospel, and am so grateful for it! 

Sister Hunter 



No comments:

Post a Comment