Friday, March 25, 2016

Week 41: Enjoying the Ride

Hello Everyone! 

Missionary work is the best and hardest thing I have ever done.  There is a quote that I found this week – I’m sure Dad sent it to me!  It’s by Gordon B Hinckley: "Life is like an old-time rail journey- delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.  The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."  This past week I am just grateful to have been on the ride! 

We have had a lot of great service opportunities this week which is always fun!  We biked out farther than we have ever biked in our area, and it was definitely an adventure! The sidewalk ended suddenly on a super busy highway, but we just kept on going on the grass next to the cars.  Haha, I’m sure we looked ridiculous, but you have to do what you have to do sometimes!  We had a good time painting and tearing down an old shed of a sister in our ward. 

We had a great Zone Conference about repentance this past week. We focused on the importance of helping investigators, members, and ourselves understand the incredible gift of the atonement and repentance.  It is a perfect subject as we look toward Easter.  We’ve been so uplifted as we’ve watched the Easter themed videos on LDS. Org.

I am so grateful for all of the support and prayers!  I love you!

Sister Hunter
        





No comments:

Post a Comment