Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 46: Farewell Whitewater

On Saturday I got the news that I am getting transferred!  It is bittersweet!  This ward truly feels like family to me.  I don't think I have ever grown so close to a group of people in my life (besides my family of course).  They have truly all been such a blessing in my life, and I will be forever grateful for their examples and their testimonies of the Savior.  I am going to miss the people we are teaching here as well, but gratefully I know I am leaving them in good hands.  Sister Kelly is amazing, and the ward is also amazing.  I am sort of still in shock and disbelief that this day has finally come!  Sister Kelly is a little nervous to take over the area, but she will be great.  We’ll find out on Wednesday who we are going to be companions with and where I am going!  Okay, I’m going to give some quick highlights of last week.  It’s going to be a little rushed and it was such an amazing week that whatever I write will not do it justice, but I will try!

On Sunday Moses and Caliou were baptized!! It was so cool to see it all finally come together.  When Moses had his interview on Saturday he came out with both hands in the air and yelled, "I passed!! I got every single question right!”  Haha, he is so sweet!   It was really cool to see their dad baptize them.  There was a ton of support from the ward and you could just tell they were so excited.  Moses has such a sweet testimony and when we asked him why he wanted to get baptized he said, "I want all my sins to be washed away, and to have the Holy Ghost protect me.”  That is truly what it’s all about, and the whole purpose of us serving missions is to help people have that opportunity!  It was an unforgettable day!

We taught Isaura and her girls this week at President and Sister Foote's home, and it was really awesome to sit down and have dinner with them and do a fun Family Home Evening.  It’s hard to leave this family since I’ve been working with them so long, but I’m praying that they will choose to be baptized. They are amazing girls and it’s been a great blessing in my life to get to know them so well. Today was the best P-day I’ve had so far on my mission.  Sister Meyers took Sister Kelly and I to the aquarium and to The World of Coke. It was an all day event and it was so fun to be in the city and experiencing “civilian” life for a day!
Much love,
Sister Hunter
















Learn More


No comments:

Post a Comment