Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Week 48: Happy Mother's Day!

This past week was great!  Talking to Mom and Dad was just amazing!  I am so grateful for the support you two give me.  I feel like the luckiest daughter in the world to have you two as parents!  I am glad Ty and Scott poked their heads in for a second to say "hi" too!  Family is just the best and I am so grateful I get to spend eternity with you guys! 

We saw a lot of miracles this week. We had a referral from the Elders of an older lady who wanted missionaries to come by.  We went over and visited her, and she welcomed us right in.  She is a great Grandma and she watches her great granddaughter all day when her granddaughter is at work.  It’s amazing to me how hard she works at her age.  We were able to teach her the first lesson and she loved it, and we’re excited to go back and read the Book of Mormon with her.
  
We were walking down the street a couple of weeks ago trying to contact people and we started talking to a family who was out on their porch.  The lady told us she really wanted us to come back with "reading materials' so she could learn more!  We went back over the next week and her neighbor was there, and when she saw us with our scriptures she said, "I have a Book of Mormon someone gave me a long time ago!"  She went and got it, and it was all marked up!  We taught both of them the restoration and the Spirit was so strong!  Whenever we teach the restoration and one of us quotes the first vision, the Spirit is always so strong, and I know that what we testify of is so true- it’s the best!  We were sitting on lawn chairs outside their house and mine was sort of tilted on a hill.  As I stood up I almost fell and would have rolled down the hill, which would have just been hilarious- but good thing that didn't happen! 

On Mother’s Day we visited a “potential” who we had visited last week.  We got to talking with her more, and found out she is in her 90's, lives alone, never has had kids, and spends all day alone sitting at home.  She is so old that I didn't know if she would be able to grasp our entire message, but as we sat and read scriptures and sang hymns the Spirit was so strong.  She said, "Some days I just stare out the window and cry.”  She was so grateful to have us just sit and talk with her for a little while.   One thing I love about being on a mission is getting to know all different types of people.  Everyone has so many different struggles and trials, but one thing that brings us all together is the hope of Christ, and because of his atonement there is no trial we can't overcome.  Love you all!! Sister Hunter 

 Mosquito repellant is an absolute must!



        
   



No comments:

Post a Comment