Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 51: Summer is Here!

Hello!  It has been a busy week as always, and now it is officially Summer!  The work is moving right along, and Sister Call and I are doing our best to keep up!  We were able to see lots of little miracles finding and contacting people yesterday on Memorial Day!  We spent a lot of the day at parks and different places talking to lots of people.  It is so interesting to look back and see how much I have grown in the past year.  When I first got out here on my mission, talking to random people was a challenge because I thought I would make a fool of myself or say something dumb.  Every missionary finally comes to a point where we realize it isn't about us, it’s about giving everyone the opportunity to hear the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ!   If we never open our mouths then we aren’t giving them the opportunity! 

We rolled into the apartment yesterday so exhausted!  The second my head hit the pillow I was out!   During the week we went out with our Relief Society president and saw a less active sister we have been working with for a while.  Our Relief Society president was so in tune with the Spirit and asked all the right questions.  Our less active sister was really able to open up to us and she is planning on coming back to church this week!  We were able to teach one of our investigator families about the Word of Wisdom, and they are hoping to get baptized at the end of June.  They have a lot of challenges in their lives, but we are praying for miracles and hoping they continue to progress. 

This week I have been thinking a lot about enduring to the end.  I feel like we are working with so many people who are going through so many challenges, and it almost seems like they have given up on their journey.  I was reading  2 Nephi 31:19-20.

  19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.
 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Hope is existent in all of our lives because of Christ.  Sometimes things of the world can get in the way of seeing the light of Christ, and it is so cool as a missionary to remind people of that hope.  I am so grateful for my Savior and the enabling power that comes from the atonement.  I know that everything I am is because of Him.  Love, Sister Hunter 


                                




No comments:

Post a Comment