Thursday, June 16, 2016

Week 52: Fireflies and Christmas Music

We have had a really great week!  Teaching Catherine and her family and seeing their excitement for baptism has been a highlight!  They are the cutest, and it has been so fun to see the gospel change their lives.  We love them so much!  They came to church on Sunday and it was so fun to see all their smiling faces when we walked into the chapel!  The little girl sat right in between the two of us and we were laughing afterwards because she was coughing a bunch and then she thought it would be so funny to lick my hands!  Good thing I have the immune system of steel because I definitely don’t have time to get sick.  Thank goodness for hand sanitizer!

We also had the opportunity to teach a referral we got from a member in Delaware.  Her friend lives here and is going through so many trials that I couldn't even imagine having to go through.  When we showed up at her door, she was in tears.  She couldn't believe that we had come to visit her, and even though she is going through so much we have seen her get stronger and stronger each day.  We have been able to teach her a couple of lessons, and a recent convert lives down the street from her and came with us to one of the lessons.  It was so cool to hear her powerful testimony!  She was reading her a scripture from Mormon 7 about how those who believe in the Bible will believe in the Book of Mormon- and so she was like, "So you will believe in the Book of Mormon!"  It was awesome how bold she was!  She hasn't been to church in awhile and when she invited our investigator she said. "I haven't been in awhile, but I think it will be good for both of our souls if we go to church." Yes! Yes it will.   

I was thinking my letters probably aren't the most exciting, and so I thought I would give you more details about the area, the people, and everyday life here.

Sister Call and I have a big area so we spend quite a bit of time driving and making calls.  When we aren't making calls we are listening to the David Archuleta Christmas album.  We drive a bright red car and it is so new that is starts with a button!  Every night when we pull into our apartment complex there are always a bunch of fireflies out and it is the best being able to see them flicker all over the place at the end of our day!  We LOVE the people we get to teach.  On the way to get to our church from our apartment we pass seven other churches.  By the end of the day we are so sweaty from all the heat and humidity, my hair usually ends up in a pony tail or a bun, but lets be real I never do my hair anyway!   There are going to be a lot of changes this week and I am excited for the many miracles that this next transfer will bring! 
I love my companion so much and I am going to miss her, but good things await her in Idaho.  Sister Hunter












         

No comments:

Post a Comment