Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Week 54: A Visit From Elder Cardon

I wanted to take a second and write out some thoughts I have been having about the Holy Ghost.  We had Elder Cardon of the Seventy and his wife come and speak to us on Thursday, and he focused a lot on the Holy Ghost.  I have learned so many things on my mission, especially about how the Holy Ghost communicates with me.   I realize that the Holy Ghost's role isn't just to lead and guide, but also to comfort.  How is the Holy Ghost supposed to comfort me if I am always in my comfort zone?  This experience of serving a mission has definitely put me out of my comfort zone, which has given me the opportunity to feel the comforter – definitely a blessing in my life! 

We had a lesson with an investigator that we found on exchange in PTC last transfer.  When we knocked on his door and he wasn’t home and then we found him at his parent’s house, we knew it wasn’t a coincidence and that we were supposed to teach him!  He is the best to teach because he has so many questions. He asked us all kinds of things about the church and he kept saying, "That really makes sense!" (That’s what I love about the gospel- it makes sense!)   We left him with a Book of Mormon and an invitation to come to church, and he did!! It was so cool to see him participate in Gospel Principles.  We talked about the Holy Ghost, and he made a comment about how he felt the Holy Ghost when we were teaching him, and how his wife, who isn't religious at all, texted him the next day on his way to work saying something like, "I am praying that you make it there safely."  He said, "I truly believe that the Spirit lingered in our house after the sisters left and that is why she felt prompted to text me.”

Things are going great here!  I couldn't have asked for a better companion, and we have seen the miracles that come from working hard and being obedient.  I am so grateful for the people Heavenly Father has put in my path that have so positively influenced my life.  Love you guys!



        






No comments:

Post a Comment