Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 56: Happy 4th of July!


We had a great lesson with an investigator that we have been working with for the past couple of weeks, and he is super solid in keeping commitments and wanting to learn!  He and his daughter came to church on Sunday.  During the Sunday School lesson, I don't even remember what was said right before, but he said, "I can feel myself changing, and I think I have the Holy Ghost in my life more since I've starting meeting with ya'll." Literally, both Sister Thompson and my jaw just dropped.  It is amazing to see how the gospel can change people for the better.  

At church on Sunday, not only did Daniel and his daughter come, but a new investigator we found, Joi, and her daughter came! We met Joi and her daughter a couple of weeks ago, and we asked her if there was anything in her life we could specifically pray for, and she said, "Pray that I don't kill everyone in my house because they are being so annoying!"  So that’s exactly what we prayed for - haha!   We came back about a week later and she invited us right in and told us her whole life story.  She said, "I'm not sure why I’m telling you all of this, but I trust you and I know you'll listen."  She came to church the next day, and it was a really neat experience!  She is one of the strongest women I have ever met.  

We had a lot of members come out and teach with us this past week, and I just love being with them and hearing their testimonies.  Almost all the members we go out with are converts to the church and hearing them tell their stories of how they joined the church is so powerful.  

A less active sister we have been working with for a long time has a lot of anxiety about coming to church and we have been trying to get her involved in other ways.  She loves to make jewelry and she did a jewelry activity with all the young women and loved it!  Everyone had such a good time and it turned out to be such an awesome activity! 

It’s been great being Sister Thompson's companion.  We have such a good time together, and we get along so well.  She’s an incredibly hard worker,

and I’m lucky to get to serve with her!  Hope things are going well back home!  


Love Sister Hunter 


One of our members casts his owl in movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment