Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 59: Service and Sweating!

We did a ton of service this past week. We went to Habitat for Humanity and Bridge the Gap, both giant warehouses.  We moved things around and took apart fans in this small room where there was no AC.  I literally have never sweat so much in my life! The guy that was directing us had a man bun with my same color of hair. Since I was wearing my hair in a bun, we looked identical from behind – it was pretty funny and sort of awkward!

We got this really great referral from the elders this week.  She is a single mom with two, cute little girls.  The girls were running wild all over the place, and I left the lesson with lipstick all over my shirt and crumbs stuck to my skirt.  She seems super open to the gospel, so we are excited to go back and teach her.

Joi is our most progressing investigator at this point, and she is absolutely amazing! We invited her to be baptized and she accepted! Whoo! We were like, "Will you prepare for the 20th of August?"  She was like, "I don't care, I will be baptized whenever!"  She started to cry when she was telling us how much of a difference the gospel has already made in here life.  

Yesterday we taught Gospel Principles about sacrifice, and it was so cool to hear what everyone had sacrificed for the gospel.  One elder said that the definition of sacrifice was "giving up something good for something better," and that really struck me because whenever we sacrifice something such as our time, money, or desires we are always blessed way more that we can comprehend.  It is amazing to see Heavenly Father’s love for each of us, and how powerful that can be.  

Over all, it was a great week.  Sister Russell is in the apartment now so that has been amazing.  Love you! Sister Hunter



         

No comments:

Post a Comment