Saturday, September 3, 2016

Week 61: I Guess Change is Good...

It feels like it’s been a month since the last time I sat at the computer and emailed!  On Tuesday we were put into a trio -we kept trying to come up with names, “The Three Musketeers”, “The Three Nephites” (thanks dad), and “Charlie’s Angels,” but anyway, it has been quite the adventure.  We started right out by going on splits, and I spent most of the day teaching with Sister Oliver. She is a member of our ward and is basically who I want to be as a grandma!  She has a love for missionary work and comes on splits with us all the time. We visited lots of people that day which was nice.  We feel really bad when we go out with members and everything falls through! 

Wednesday was the temple, and it was amazing!  I love the spirit that is there - nothing else is quite like it.  Plus, it is so cool to see some of my favorite people all together dressed in white.  I have been praying and pondering so much about what to do about my return date, and as we were sitting in the chapel waiting to go into the session I flipped open my scriptures to Chapter 9 of the Doctrine and Covenants.  The first line of the last verse really stood out to me, "Stand fast in the work wherewith I have called you.”  Also, as we were leaving the room Sister Russell pointed out the picture on the wall of the Savior inviting his apostles to drop their nets and follow Him.  After much fasting and prayer I truly think the Lord wants me to stay until January.  Is that crazy? Yes!  Does it make sense? No!  I am just going to roll with this answer and see what Heavenly Father has in store for me.  Plus, I came out with close to 14 sisters, and I think a lot of them are going to head home before January.  I think that might be super overwhelming for President and Sister Foote, and if it’s what I am meant to do Heavenly Father will help me. 

A highlight of the week was Sunday- Patricia and Joi came to church!! Whoo! We have been trying to get Patricia to church for a long time and she was finally able to come!  She was warmly welcomed and it was great.  Joi has been so busy that we haven't been able to teach her recently, but she is still coming to church!  She is so amazing.  I bet you get so sick of hearing how "amazing" all of the people we are teaching are, but I don't know how else to describe them because they truly are amazing. Then after 6 HOURS of church we went to Xander’s baptism and the whole time my heart was so full of joy I was literally shaking!  It may also have been because I had to give one of the talks and that always makes me jittery.   Seeing Bud baptize Xander was one of the happiest moments on my mission! 

This morning President Foote dropped a bombshell – I’m getting emergency transferred to Griffin.... I am sad to be leaving Sister Thompson before we have finished training and sad to be leaving Sister Russell because we’ve only spent a week together! Haha, I guess that is 3 weeks total with Sister Russell now.  Griffin will be an adventure for sure - I leave on Wednesday.  I am really going to miss this ward.  Summergrove  has been a perfect balance of supportive ward members and lots of people to teach. I’ll miss teaching Shalita, Sarita, and Shaquita, but I won’t miss worrying about mixing up their names – haha!  Well, onto new adventures in Griffin.  Love you!  Sister Hunter















No comments:

Post a Comment