Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Week 78: One of the Highlights of my Mission!

My heart is just so full of gratitude as I think about this past week! I am so grateful for all of the opportunities I've had throughout my mission to become so close with so many amazing people!  Sunday was one of the best days ever.  Saturday night a less active member and her son (Corbin) who we've been teaching, texted us out of the blue and told us they were coming to church!  As sacrament meeting got close to starting we could see them walk in, and I can't even describe the joy we felt!  It has been amazing to see her transformation.  When I first got here she wouldn't even let us in the door, and now she is coming to church - truly amazing! THEN, Mary AND the Foote’s walked in and I almost fell over I was so excited! It has been MONTHS since I've been able to see Mary.  I was just overwhelmed with excitement to see my very first investigator and then to see that support from my mission president and Sister Foote.  I honestly just felt so blessed at that moment.  During the meeting I was sitting next to my little buddy in the ward, little five-year-old Lillie.  Her older brother is a member and we’re teaching her older sister.  They come from a really rough past and she's the one who calls me, “Mom.”  Mary got up and bore her testimony, which was SO amazing.  She has grown so much these past 18 months.  I had to get up and bare my testimony then, and Lillie who doesn’t leave my side came up with me!  It was so special to look out and see so many people that I've come to love.  Wow, it was truly amazing! Like honestly, I think that might have been one of the peak moments of my life!  I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven loves me enough to allow me these opportunities to feel the Spirit so strongly.  

Sorry it isn't too much of an update of the whole week, but I'll fill you in when I get back!

 So happy to see Mary!

 Miss Crawford is the sweetest old lady who has had an extremely hard life, she just moved away this week and so we took some pictures before she left!


 IT FINALLY RAINED HERE! We got caught in the storm :)

 Two of my "trainees", Sister B and Sister Thompson - Love these girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment