Friday, December 16, 2016

Week 79: Well Done, Thou Good and Faithful Servant!

I can't believe this is my last email home! I am so grateful for the experiences I've had while serving here in Georgia.  I will be forever changed because of the amazing people I've met.  I really believe that God put me exactly where I needed to be.  I have loved and learned from all of my companions, and I feel so close to those whom I have taught and worked with in each of the wards I have served in. Last night at a dinner appointment I shared Ether 12:4 which says: 

" 4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."


This has become one of my favorite verses.  When I came on my mission I had hope and faith in a lot of aspects of the gospel.  Now, as I have given myself to the Lord, and done all I could do to follow His will, it has been amazing to see how my faith has become an anchor for me.  I feel lucky to have had so many opportunities to share the message of hope to my brothers and sisters.  I am amazed time and time again at the miracles that Heavenly Father puts in our path.  I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored today and that we have a living prophet to lead and guide us. I know that although none of us are perfect, Christ's gospel is, and that He invites all to find the peace that it offers. I know that Heavenly Father's love is stronger than any fear or doubt.  I know that this gospel has brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined. I love being a missionary, and I am excited to continue to be a missionary throughout my life! I can't wait to see you on Friday! I love you!  Sister Hunter 

























No comments:

Post a Comment